Tuesday, November 6, 2007

An observation about my W/L rate in heads up matches

Today I went 5-5 but hit the $100 mark relatively quickly because I was waiting for a $50 HU match, one couldn't get going so I decided to jump to a $100 match that had a player waiting in it and won that one. Of my 10 matches today, five were at the $10/$11 level... I went 1-4 in those and 4-1 in the others. So I decided to look at the rest of the ones I have played thus far. So far I am 24-18 at the $10/$11 level and 17-6 at the higher levels. Not sure if it's because 1) I have a "eh who cares" attitude at the $10/$11 level 2) the players tend to be a little worse at this level so I tend to get unluckier more or 3) I focus more once I've stepped up to the next level.

Something I need to think about, I don't want to put myself in high pressure situations (the 2nd/3rd matches after losing) more then I need to, so I might need to evaluate how I am approaching those first games.

No comments: