Sunday, November 4, 2007

Felt like playing some high stakes

I'd had a good run recently at Canterbury so I can afford to play higher limits then what I have been playing, but have been conservative on purpose because I have a "plan" so to speak. That being said, I have allotted myself $1000 a month to play in events of my choosing. I was watching a friend cash in 3 of the big events simultaneously and was craving some action myself so I decided to just play some higher buy in heads up matches. I started with a $50 heads up match, flopped the nut full house and lost to runner runner quads. Fun! Saw a $200 heads up match going and thought why not... yea, I have a bit of gambler in me... I am a poker player after all. The match lasted two hands. If I woulda lost to quads again I think I woulda quit poker. OK, not really, but I would have for at least a day!

Had to hold my breath for a second on this one, had just lost to runner runner quads in a $50 match.

PokerStars Game #xxxx: Tournament #xxx, $200+$10 Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Match Round I, Level I (5/10) - 2007/11/05 - 00:13:33 (ET)
Table 'xxx 1' 2-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: ronpraha (1395 in chips)
Seat 2: ME (1605 in chips)
ME: posts small blind 5
ronpraha: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ME [Qc Qs 6c 7c]
ME: calls 5
ronpraha: checks
*** FLOP *** [5d 5c Qd]
ronpraha: checks
ME: checks
*** TURN *** [5d 5c Qd] [2h]
ronpraha: bets 20
ME: raises 60 to 80
ronpraha: raises 180 to 260
ME: raises 540 to 800
ronpraha: calls 540
*** RIVER *** [5d 5c Qd 2h] [9c]
ronpraha: bets 585 and is all-in
ME: calls 585
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ronpraha: shows [4h 2c 2s Jh] (HI: a full house, Deuces full of Fives)
ME: shows [Qc Qs 6c 7c] (HI: a full house, Queens full of Fives)
ME collected 2790 from pot
No low hand qualified

No comments: